Trained Observer for All PPE
Click for External Resource*
*The link above may share a zip file (.zip) hosted on repository.netecweb.org. Zip files will download automatically.
Item TypeOnline Course
When you work with a health care provider and doffing assistant you will not physically assist at all. You are there to monitor, protect, and guide health care providers through the protocols of donning and doffing PPE. Remember, an effective Trained Observer:
- is vigilant in spotting defects in equipment;
- is proactive in identifying upcoming risks;
- follows the provided checklist, but focuses on the big picture;
- is informative, supportive and well-paced in issuing instructions or advice;
- always practices hand hygiene immediately after providing assistance.