Statement of CopyrightSkip to Copyright statement
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response.
The materials provided in the NETEC repository (including the Facility Capabilities Assessment, Facility Self Assessment, other self assessments, exercise templates, guides, and other documents) are for general informational use but should not take the place of consultation with qualified professionals. While these documents are made available to assist in the assessment and preparation of medical facilities, they are not intended to and do not take the place of in person consultation with qualified professionals.
Copyright 2017, Emory University, University of Nebraska Medical Center, and The City of New York.
1. Grant of License and Restrictions on Use. NETEC hereby grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the documents and tools in the NETEC repository in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Terms. The various documents (including self assessments and exercise templates) created by NETEC, and/or its constituent members, are made available to the public according to the ASPR Public Access Plan (https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/planning/science/Pages/AccessPlan.aspx). You may not license, sell or otherwise transfer the documents or tools. Please pass access to the documents to other parties only by linking to the Repository, not sending the documents directly, as the repository will stay updated and the documents will go out of date. Documents, such as exercise templates and protocols, can be modified to suit the appropriate healthcare facility, but NETEC offers no warranty or liability on these documents, as outlined below.
2. Reservation of Rights. These documents are made available to the public for private and institutional use to maximize access to the results of ASPR funding, but remain under copyright by NETEC. The documents and tools in the NETEC repository are licensed, not sold. NETEC retains ownership and all rights, including but not limited to all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights. This means that any commercial use, and any further reproduction, display, distribution, or modification for commercial use, is not authorized.
3. Medical Uses. The documents in the NETEC repository are intended for evaluation only. All persons or health care providers SHALL NOT primarily rely on the documents to make any clinical diagnosis or treatment decision, and shall have the any recommendations independently reviewed.
4. Acknowledgement of Federal Funding. This repository was developed using funding from the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, grant numbers U3REP150549 and U3REP170552.
5. Links to Third Party Resources. The NETEC repository may link, provide access, or otherwise direct You to third party websites, services, or resources. NETEC hereby disclaims any and all representations and warranties regarding, and is not responsible for the contents of, or any links contained in, any third party websites, services, or resources. NETEC provides such links and access to You solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link or access does not constitute any endorsement by NETEC, express or implied, of such websites, services, or resources.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY DESCRIBED IN THESE TERMS, DOCUMENTS AND TOOLS ARE PROVIDED AS IS WITH ALL FAULTS, AND NETEC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTENDS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE DOCUMENTS AND TOOLS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, NETEC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THAT THE USE OF THE DOCUMENTS AND TOOLS WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, OR ACCURACY OF ANY OUTPUT. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, NETEC DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE DOCUMENTS AND TOOLS WILL BE OPERATE ERROR-FREE. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, NETEC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR OBLIGATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES RELATED TO THE DOCUMENTS AND TOOLS.
7. No Liability. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, NETEC IS NOT LIABLE FOR, AND YOU ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR, ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, CLAIMS OR DEMANDS ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF THE DOCUMENTS AND TOOLS IN THE NETEC REPOSITORY. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL NETEC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF THE NETEC REPOSITORY.
8. Compliance with Law. You agree that any use of the documents and tools in the NETEC repository by You shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
9. Termination. NETEC may terminate these Terms at any time by disabling or removing the repository documents from the NETEC repository website. Termination of these Terms shall not release either party from any liability which, at the time of such termination, has already accrued to the other party.
10. Entire Agreement; Severability. Except as expressly provided for in these Terms, these Terms are the entire agreement between You and NETEC relating to Your license to use the NETEC repository documents and tools and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals or representations with respect to the repository. If any provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable, illegal, or superseded by another agreement, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Amendment. We may amend these Terms at any time, and such amendments shall be effective upon posting to the NETEC repository website.