Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
About the COVID-19 novel Coronavirus
Follow the links below to find resources related to COVID-19 for all facilities, including the NETEC webinar series, PPE use and conservation guidance documents, education and training resources, CDC and WHO guidance documents, preparedness resources, research on respiratory pathogens and airborne transmission, clinical guidance documents, documents on ambulatory PPE, and other research resources. Scroll for the COVID-19 map, key updates, and new NETEC resources.
Updates and Map
Find more information on Coronavirus on the Lancet's Coronavirus page. See updates on COVID-19 on the WHO Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) page with Situation Reports and Disease Outbreak News, and see the updated Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases within China and globally on the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control page. Map below created by Johns Hopkins (if the map does not load below, you can view it on the Johns Hopkins page).
- The CDC added new symptoms to its running list of Symptoms of the Coronavirus. The list does not include all possible symptoms, and the CDC states that it will continue to update the list as they learn more about COVID-19.
- The NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel recommends using dexamethasone in patients with COVID-19 who are mechanically ventilated (AI) and in patients with COVID-19 who require supplemental oxygen but who are not mechanically ventilated (BI). (NIH, updated 6/25/2020)
- On May 22, 2020, JAMA published online a Viewpoint updating guidance for clinicians and summarizing the current status of potential therapies, advances in vaccine development, and the potential role of convalescent antibodies as treatment and for the evaluation of immunity (del Rio and Malani).
- Preliminary results from the Remdesivir trial indicate that was superior to placebo. Read about the preliminary results. (ACCT-1 ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04280705.)
- On 31 December 2019 the WHO China Country Office was informed of cases of pneumonia of unknown etiology (unknown cause) in Wuhan City, China. A novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) was identified by Chinese authorities on 7 January 2020 (WHO). On 11 February the name of the virus was announced as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and of the disease as coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (WHO).
CDC Novel Coronavirus Updates
Considerations for Non-emergency Vehicle Transportation for Triba...
Mon, 13 Jul 2020Considerations for Non-emergency Vehicle Transportation for Tribal Communities During COVID-19
Mon, 13 Jul 2020Staffing Resources
Testing Data in the U.S....
Mon, 13 Jul 2020Testing in the U.S.