Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
About the COVID-19 novel Coronavirus
Follow the links below to find resources related to COVID-19 for all facilities, including the NETEC webinar series, PPE use and conservation guidance documents, education and training resources, preparedness resources, research on respiratory pathogens and airborne transmission, clinical guidance documents, documents on ambulatory PPE, and other research resources. Click here for items on COVID-19 and pediatrics. Scroll for the COVID-19 map, key updates, and new NETEC resources. You can go to the WHO COVID-19 pages and the CDC COVID-19 pages for additional resources.
New NETEC Resources:
Updates and Map
Find more information on Coronavirus on the Lancet's Coronavirus page. See updates on COVID-19 on the WHO Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) page with Situation Reports and Disease Outbreak News, and see the updated Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases within China and globally on the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control page. Map below created by Johns Hopkins (if the map does not load below, you can view it on the Johns Hopkins page).
- New COVID-19 variants are circulating globally. Find out more from the CDC.
- The Moderna developed vaccine was given FDA approval on Friday December 18, 2020 (FDA).
- The first shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were given in the USA on Monday December 15, 2020 (New York Times). The CDC signed the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ recommendation to use Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine in people 16 and older on December 12 (CDC).
- The NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines have developed a figure that summarizes pharmacologic management of patients with COVID-19 based on disease severity (CDC). This page also links to the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines, which has a comprehensive summary of the clinical data for the drugs that are being investigated for the treatment of COVID-19.
- Development continues to advance on coronavirus vaccines with over two dozen in human trials. Follow the development of each with the Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker managed by The New York Times.
- On 31 December 2019 the WHO China Country Office was informed of cases of pneumonia of unknown etiology (unknown cause) in Wuhan City, China. A novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) was identified by Chinese authorities on 7 January 2020 (WHO). On 11 February the name of the virus was announced as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and of the disease as coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (WHO).
CDC Novel Coronavirus Updates
Cases in the U.S....
Fri, 22 Jan 2021CDC COVID Data Tracker - Cases and Deaths by State
Healthcare Facilities That Have Implemented COVID-19 Electronic C...
Fri, 22 Jan 2021Healthcare Facilities That Have Implemented COVID-19 Electronic Case Reporting
US COVID-19 Cases Caused by Variants...
Fri, 22 Jan 2021View a map showing the number of confirmed cases in each state of the new COVID-19 variant (B.1.1.7) in the United States.