Share this page:
Learn how to diagnose, treat and report hantavirus infection in the U.S.
This training video was developed in partnership with Navajo Nation, Indian Health Services, and the Arizona and New Mexico Departments of Health. It provides an overview of hantavirus disease for clinicians and healthcare providers and describes the clinical presentation and epidemiology of hantavirus in the U.S. It also provides methods for diagnostic testing of hantavirus and treatment options.
Date Last Updated (Year-Month-Day)
What you will learn
By the end of this training, you be able to:
- Describe at least three risk factors of hantavirus disease.
- Describe the area of the United States reporting the highest number of hantavirus cases.
- Describe the clinical presentation of hantavirus disease.
- Describe at least two methods for diagnosing a patient with hantavirus disease.
- Identify at least two considerations for critical care of patients with hantavirus disease.
- Describe my role, responsibilities, and scope of practice as a team member when diagnosing and treating patients with hantavirus disease.
This activity provides 0.2 contact hours.