Share this page:
Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication (CERC) Online Training
CDC online training
Date Last Updated (Year-Month-Day)
This course should take you around 2 hours.
- Explain Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication principles.
- Describe the psychology of a crisis and the type of messages each audience needs.
- Explain how to tailor messages.
- Define core concepts of crisis communication planning.
- Explain the roles of the media and spokesperson.
- Describe the benefits of social media and mobile media devices.
- Identify ways to develop relationships with stakeholders and partners.
Continuing education units (CEU): The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEU’s for this program.