The Preparedness activities include plans or preparation made to save lives and to help responses and rescue operations. These take place before an emergency occurs. The tools and ideas in this section of the Leadership Toolbox include the following:
- Creating and engaging teams.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): Crafting SOPs for preparedness, such as in a provider down situation.
- Tier system: Care capabilities, PPE expectations, and the PPE calculator.
- Staffing models: Staff expectations, and on-call schedules.
- Education and training: Competency checklists, and drills and exercise tools (including agendas, templates, and calendars).
- Maintenance of the Unit: Inventory checklists.