Leadership Toolbox - Mitigation Tools
Mitigation activities are any activities that prevent an emergency, reduce the chance of an emergency happening, or reduce the damaging effects of unavoidable emergencies. The tools and ideas of this section of the Leadership toolbox include the following:
- Identify: Screening fliers, Screening tools, and Risk assessments.
- Isolate: Algorithms, Room set up and work flow, and Administrative and engineering controls: workflow, zones (hot, warm, cold).
- Inform: Use call tree and algorithm, Communication plans, and HICs.
- Networking and developing Concept of Operations (CONOPs).
- Crafting Standard Operating Proceedures (SOPs).