Treatment & Care
Treatment and Care
Preparedness Questions: These questions should serve as a guide for examining your plans and processes and applying what you learn in the Biopreparedness: Identify, Isolate, Inform Course to your own facility.
Download a copy of the questions here.
Resources to support the Preparedness questions above.
Additional Resources and References
- WHO Ebola Virus Disease Manual.
- CDC Guidance on Cleaning: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/cleaning/hospitals.html
- CDC Guidance for Ebola waste:https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/clinicians/cleaning/waste-management.html
- Survivability of Ebola in medical waste: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/cleaning/ebola-virus-survivability.html
- Validation of Autoclave Protocols for Successful Decontamination of Category A Medical Waste Generated from Care of Patients with Serious Communicable Diseases. Article.
- Summary of new full guide, which supersedes the interim version published Jan 2017: Managing Solid Waste Contaminated with a Category A Infectious Substance.
- Are you preparing suspected Ebola contaminated waste for transportation? Poster
Disinfectants for Use against the Ebola Virus:
- EPA's registered antimicrobial products list.
- CDC notes on monitoring and moment of individuals exposed to Ebola (2014-2016 guidance): https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/exposure/monitoring-and-movement-of-persons-with-exposure.html
- CDC Ebola risk classifications: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/exposure/risk-factors-when-evaluating-person-for-exposure.html
- CDC monitoring and movement guidance on for MERS: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/mers/hcp/monitoring-movement-guidance.html
- NETEC Exercise Templates by facility type (Tabletop, full scale, and drills)