Transport & Testing
Transport and Testing
Preparedness Questions: These questions should serve as a guide for examining your plans and processes and applying what you learn in the Biopreparedness: Identify, Isolate, Inform Course to your own facility.
Download a copy of the questions here.
Resources to support the Preparedness questions above.
Additional Resources and References
- CDC Guidance for Interfacility Transport for a person under investigation or patient with confirmed Ebola: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/emergency-services/interfacility-transport.html
- CDC Guidance for patient handoff: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/emergency-services/patient-handoff.html
- CDC Guidance for air-to-ground handoff: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/emergency-services/air-ground-patient-handoff.html
- CDC guidance for ambulance decontamination: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/emergency-services/ambulance-decontamination.html
All hazards EMS guidance:
- EMS Infectious Disease Playbook.
- CDC Guidance for Collection, Transport and Submission of Specimens for Ebola Virus Testing: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/laboratory-personnel/specimens.html
- CDC Guidance for frontline labs: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/preparing/frontline-healthcare-facilities.html
- APHL Laboratory Risk Assessment Best Practices Templates (PDF).
- APHL Public Health Laboratory Risk Assessment Template for EBV (PDF).
- APHL Biosafety Checklist (PDF).
- WHO - Guidelines for the Safe Transport of Infectious Substances: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240019720
- APHL Packaging and Shipping Toolkit: https://www.aphl.org/programs/infectious_disease/Pages/ID-Packaging-and-Shipping-Toolkit.aspx
- CDC - Packing and Shipping Dangerous Goods: What the Laboratory Staff Must Know (CEU online course): https://www.cdc.gov/labtraining/training-courses/packing-shipping-division-6.2-materials.html
- CDC Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS) Training Site: https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/