NIOSH PPE Tracker App
Click for External Resource*
*The link above may share a zip file (.zip) hosted on repository.netecweb.org. Zip files will download automatically.
The NIOSH PPE Tracker mobile app can help healthcare and non-healthcare systems track their personal protective equipment (PPE) inventory. Facilities can use the app to calculate their average PPE consumption rate or “burn rate.” The app estimates how many days a PPE supply will last given current inventory levels and PPE burn rate. Based on the PPE Burn Rate Calculator Excel spreadsheet, the app features several improvements, including an easy-to-use interface and the ability to add restock.
The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
With the NIOSH PPE Tracker app, you can
- Track different types of PPE, such as gowns, gloves, surgical masks, respirators, face shields, and more
- Track inventory by number of boxes or number of individual units
- Add restock when calculating inventory totals
- Calculate burn rate by type of PPE (such as gloves) and for specific units (such as small gloves)
- Calculate PPE burn rate by the number of patients being treated and track changes in PPE usage as the number of patients fluctuates
- Download inventory and burn rate data and share reports via email