Share this page:
High Consequence Infectious Disease (HCID) Toolbox for Frontline Health Care Facilities
This toolbox contains
- Planning Tools
- Training Tools
- Exercise Templates
- Readiness binder
How to use the toolbox
- Use sample multi-year planning, training and exercise plan templates to lay out preparedness activities over multiple years.
- Incorporate readymade slides and personal protective equipment (PPE) videos into facility infection prevention and emergency preparedness training.
- Use or modify sample exercises (seminar, workshop, table top, mini-exercise, game) and templates (Planning Tool, After Action Report).
- Use components to make a binder for staff to use at point of care.
Date Last Updated (Year-Month-Day)
Purpose of toolbox
- Provides ready-to-use tools for frontline facilities to prepare and respond to patients who may have a high consequence infectious disease (HCID).
- Helps facilities meet CMS emergency preparedness regulatory requirements for training and testing programs.
- Helps facilities develop a multi-year plan for HCID education and exercises.
- Incorporates standard infection prevention concepts into training and exercises.