Healthcare Facility Preparedness Checklist
Click for External Resource*
*The link above may share a zip file (.zip) hosted on repository.netecweb.org. Zip files will download automatically.
Files for Downloadchecklist-facility-preparedness.pdf
All U.S. healthcare facilities need to be prepared for new and emerging infectious disease threats such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV). All hospitals should be equipped and ready to
- care for a limited number of infected patients as part of routine operations
- potentially care for a larger number of patients in the context of escalating transmission
- outline plans for administrative, environmental, and communication measures
- define the individual work practices that will be required to detect the introduction of MERS-CoV or other emerging infectious diseases
- prevent spread of MERS-CoV
- manage the impact on patients, the facility, and staff
The following checklist highlights some key areas for healthcare facilities to review in preparation for MERS-CoV. The checklist format is not intended to set forth mandatory requirements or establish national standards.