Share this page:
Learn to diagnose and treat Lassa fever
While viral hemorrhagic fevers (VHFs), like Lassa fever, are very serious, they are not common in the U.S. However, it is important for healthcare providers to understand high consequence viruses, like Lassa fever, so they can appropriately diagnose and care for their patients. This video is the second in a two-part training series on Lassa fever for healthcare providers. It focuses on methods for diagnosing Lassa fever and infection control measures to consider while caring for a patient with Lassa fever. Participants will learn about treatment options, as well as post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP).
Date Last Updated (Year-Month-Day)
What you will learn
- Describe at least two methods for identifying a patient with Lassa fever infection in the clinical setting.
- Describe at least two infection control recommendations when caring for a Lassa fever patient.
- Identify the parameters for clinical management of patients with Lassa fever.
- Describe post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for Lassa fever.
- Describe my role, responsibility, and scope of practice as a team member in diagnosing and treating patients with Lassa fever.
This activity provides 0.3 contact hours.