The Epidemiology and Clinical Presentation of Lassa Fever: Information for Medical Providers
Click for External Resource*
*The link above may share a zip file (.zip) hosted on repository.netecweb.org. Zip files will download automatically.
Item TypeOnline Course
Learn to Identify Lassa Fever
While viral hemorrhagic fevers (VHFs), like Lassa fever, are very serious, they are not common in the U.S. However, it is important for healthcare providers to understand high consequence viruses, like Lassa fever, so they can appropriately diagnose and care for their patients. This video, the first in a two-part training series on Lassa fever, provides an overview, describing the epidemiology and clinical presentation of the virus.
What you will learn
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe at least two risk factors of Lassa fever.
- Name at least two countries where Lassa fever is endemic.
- Describe at least five signs or symptoms of Lassa fever.
- Describe the implications of Lassa fever infection on pregnant women.
- Describe the clinical syndrome associated with Lassa fever in children.
- Describe my role, responsibilities, and scope of practice as a team member when diagnosing Lassa fever.